MAI0134 Algebra I
Examiner: Vladimir Tkatjev
To register for the course please send an e-mail to the examiner.
Number of credits: 8 hp
- Group theory, subgroups, homomorphisms.
- Group actions, Sylow theorems and p-groups.
- Finitely generated abelian groups.
- Basic theory of ring and modules.
- Introduction to character theory.
- Polynomial rings. Unique factorization domains.
- Ideal theory, Noetherian rings.
Organisation: Lectures, presentatrions and office hours combined with a reading course
Examination: Presentations and/or solving assigned problems
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of algebra and linear algebra
Page responsible: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 2019-11-29