MAI0106 Numerical Methods for Initial Boundary Value Problems(This course correspond very closely to
Why should I take this course?
- It provides advanced knowledge of the numerical treatment of Initial Boundary Value Problems (IBVP's).
- The ambitious student will reach a research level in scientific computing related to IBVP's
- The ambitious student will be able to assess the validity of other researchers computational efforts related to IBVP's.
- Application oriented students using IBVP's will be able to distinguish between numerical errors and physical events.
News related to the course will be published here !
- Start: 10th of November 13.15 in R42, C-building
- 2011-11-09: Notes for the first six lectures available.
- 2011-11-10: Lectures on Monday, Tuesday in "kompakta rummet" B-building entrance 23. Lectures on Thursday in R42 C-building.
- 2011-11-14: Lectures start 13.15 and end 15.00 at the latest.
- 2011-11-15: New Lecture rooms and times, see here for details.
- 2011-11-19: The mandatory homeworks are out. The dates for presentation of the results will be given later.
- 2011-11-21: The previous lecture on the 22nd is moved to 23rd. See schedule above.
- 2011-11-23: Handouts for the GKS theory available under Lectures.
- 2011-11-27 The homeworks should be delivered and typed in Latex, Word or some other wordprocessing language. Not handwritten !
- 2011-12-01 The lecture scheduled for the 8th of December will be given on the 13th right after the ordinary lecture. The lecture will be from 13.15-16.30.
- 2011-12-01 New Handouts for the "Boundary Condition Lecture" is out.
- 2011-12-01 EXAMINATION_1: Homeworks 1-3 should be delivered on the 16th of December by email. A seminar on HW 1-3 is given on the 19-20th of December. You have to deliver a good try on each task.
- 2011-12-01 EXAMINATION_2: Homeworks 4-6 should be delivered on the 12th of January by email. A seminar on HW 4-6 is given on the 23-24th of January. You have to deliver a good try on each task.
- 2011-12-01 EXAMINATION_3: Final delivery of all Homeworks 1-6 is March 30 by email.
- 2011-12-07 New time for the lecture on Friday the 16th. Now at 10.15-12.00.
- 2011-12-15 New handouts are out in Lectures.
- 2011-12-15 Note ! Chanege of venues. Lectures on the 19th and 20th in BL31, same time as before 13.15-15.00.
- 2011-12-16 New handouts are out in Lectures.
- 2012-01-12 EXAMINATION_2: Delivery of Homeworks 4-6 is changed. They should be delivered on the 19th of January by email. A seminar on HW 4-6 is given on the 30-31th of January. You have to deliver a good try on each task. The rooms for the seminar are given here.
- 2012-01-12 Lecture by Dr. Marc Carpenter NASA Langley on the 24th of January 13.15 on SBP related flow calculations. Dont miss this interesting lecture !! Lecture room is given here.
- 2012-02-02 EXAMINATION_2: The rooms for the seminar dealing with HW 4-6 are given here.
Senast uppdaterad: 2019-11-29